Pearls symbolize perfectness, happiness and prosperity. They are mainly owned by women. Some people even say that “a woman with no pearl is not a true woman”. A pearl ornament is a good choice as a gift either for yourself or for your friends! But before wearing the pearl ornament, you should take the style and color of the clothes, skin color, age, status and the occasions you are going to attend into consideration. Choose one with style that can go harmoniously with the environment. Pearls are beautiful, yet only when you match appropriately can both you and the pearls look more beautiful.
★ Occasions that are suitable to wear pearl ornaments:
1. When women are pregnant
2. When in negotiations on government affairs or business affairs
3. When taking photos in business activities
4. When a woman is an upper-level manager
5. When having a job interview or looking for a job
6. When the bride is in wedding ceremony
7. When the bride is taking wedding photos
8. When attending an important social ceremony, such as wedding party or birthday party
9. When going to the theatre for a music play or a concert
10. The first time to meet parents-in-law
11. When taking graduation pictures (undergraduate, graduate or doctor)
12. The first time to date with a boy, and you want to look gentle and ladylike
13. When attending parents’ meeting or the graduation ceremony for your son or daughter
14. When you need to join in important business or social activities as an accompany of your boss, leader or husband
1. Skilful use of ornaments in the office
When in the office, you should pay attention to the taste or style of the pearl ornament. Besides, take the color and style of your clothes into account. A simple yet decent ornament will be a good choice for which you will never feel regretful.
A small but elaborate pearl ornament is a good choice for a 25-year old woman. If you wear a piece of 3 mm fine and elaborate light purple pearl necklace inside your white stand-up collar shirt plus a pair of matched stud earring, you will leave an impression on your boss that you are mature, steady, able and reliable; the high-qualified, glossy and elegant pearl ornament that can show the taste of its owner is a good choice for those woman executives who are in high position in the company. This type of pearl ornaments can help you to establish an image that you are easy to approach, knowledgeable, reasonable and that you understand life. Look at Hilary, the first lady, and you will find that pearls are the ornaments she often wear when making a speech. Just in her campaign speech a few days ago, she wore a pearl ornament. The harmonious and formal business attire plus a medium sized, simple but elegant pearl ornament make her look noble and elegant, yet east to approach.
2. Skilful use of ornaments in social get-togethers
Social interaction occasion is an extremely good chance for you to display your taste and individuality, and besides, to show the other side of your personality to people around you. When attending a dinner party, you can choose to wear jewelries that can show or emphasize your graceful sentiments, such as the gorgeous ornaments embedded with big and bulging pearls or diamonds.
3. Skilful use of ornaments in attending a wedding party
When attending a wedding party, you should avoid wearing those fussy or showy ornaments, because that will leave an impression on people that you are taking precedence over the leading roles. You can choose those dressing ups that make you look quietly elegant.
★ Keys to match the ornaments with your face shape
Face is part of our body and is the focus of people’s attention. The match principles of ornaments are very simple. First, the shape of the ornament and face must match. To achieve this purpose, you should pay attention to the following three points:
- The directions of the lines---horizontal lines leave an impression on people that the face is wide and short; while the vertical lines can make the face look longer and thinner; slanting lines can also bring the effect that the vertical lines have.
- Repetition style jewelry---have the function of repetition. So, if you do not want to intensify the weak points in your face, be sure not to wear repetition style jewelry. For example, those whose faces are round should not wear round earrings or pearl necklace with many rounds.
- The ratio between the ornaments and your height and body shape--- There should be a right ratio between the jewelries and your height and body size. The so-called “right” is the ratio that people are used to and fond of, a ratio which is just perfect, neither too small nor too big.
Types of face shapes:
Face shapes vary from person to person. They can be classified into the following four categories:
- A pointed face: also called a heart shaped face, that is, wide on the top and narrow at the bottom. Ornaments that can visually widen the width of the bottom part are a good choice, such as the triangle (with the pointed angle on the top when wearing) 、circle or round earrings. A pair of shoulder-length earrings can only make your face look longer and more pointed. The “V” shaped necklace repeats the pointed line of your face, which is not suitable. The short necklace with horizontal stripes can soften your pointed face shape. Put the brooch aside. The long brooch which is placed in the middle of your chest will only make your face look more pointed with more angles.
- A round face: if your face is round and smooth, then, ornaments with straight lines are a good choice for you. Oval earrings or inverted triangle shaped earrings are suitable for you. Those round ones will make your face look rounder. Ornaments with lines that are of obvious angles can make you look slender. Necklace is good if long. For example, long necklace that is being stringed by medium sized pearls can make your face look longer; you can also try adding a pair of pendants or tying a knot at the bottom of the necklace. The effects may be better. The brooch should be clipped in the middle under the necklace, which can lengthen your face visually, because it will make people’s sight move from the top to the bottom, and this visual effect will weaken the impression of horizontal lines.
- An oval face: if you have an oval face, congratulations! This face shape is nearly perfect. Earrings or necklace with any shape will be suitable for you. The only thing you need to pay attention to is the ratio between the size of these ornaments and your face. If your face is oval but slightly long, then round earrings will make you face look more wide. You can also try wearing short necklace (14 to 16 inches) to achieve the same effects.
- A square face: few people’s face is square. These people usually are those with long and square cheeks. Round, oval earrings or those with an inverted triangle shape can help weaken the impression that your face is square. The “V” shape necklace plus a pair of pendants and a piece of necklace will make the face look slender. Brooch is good if you place it in the middle under your neck, which makes another “V” shape.
The match between the length or thickness of necks and the ornaments are also very important. If you have a slender neck, just as the film star Audrey Hepburn’s neck, then you need to choose some short thick necklace with horizontal lines. Or else, choose the long one or the “V” shape one, which will make you look more beautiful. The vertical line will lead the observer’s eyesight move from the above to bellow, intensifying the slender impression.
Wrinkle on your neck can tell your age. So, choose longer necklace if there are many wrinkles on your neck. In this way, people’s attention will be transferred from the neck to the other places.
If the muscle of the earlobe is too long or too small, choose round earrings or those with geometric lines to cover up the earlobe.
If you wear glasses, you’d better choose the small earrings which are close to your earlobes. Big or pendant earrings may not only compete with the glasses to catch people’s eyes, but also look redundant.
In addition to the above mentioned key points in selecting jewelries, there is another important one: Don’t forget to look at yourselves for several times. Try to look at yourselves from different perspectives in different mirrors (such as face mirror and body mirror). Observe whether the jewelry you wear is harmonious and makes you even look even more beautiful. If the jewelry you wear matches all well with your hair, make-up, clothes, color, occasion, face shape and so on, then you may feel satisfied and take more glance at yourself, enjoying with confidence the fun and beauty that the jewelry has brought to you!
★ How to choose and wear pearl ornaments
A set of pearl ornament with fine craft, novel style and good luster which is suitable for you not only can make woman who love beauty more graceful, but also have the beautifying and health protection functions. Then, how to select and wear pearls?
1. Skin color and pearls’ color
The precondition to choose pearl’s color is the love for pearls’ color, just as the love for the clothes’ colors. As early as 1920, Johannes Itten, an American expert who studies color as well we the skin color, classified human beings’ skin color into four categories- spring, summer, fall, winter. The four seasons has a proper correlation with the colors they stand for. To know which season your skin color belongs to will help a lot in your selecting of clothes and ornaments. Analysis on skin color is a kind of learning which can only get perfect effect with experience. Here we can only make a brief introduction. Find out which season your skin color belongs to, and choose the color for your clothes and ornaments that match well with your looks.
We believe that there must be a lot of sellers telling you which things are “popular”. If they match with your skin color or body shape, then it would be better. But if not, if these thing cannot make you look more beautiful, then, you don’t have to follow with the popularity! So words like “this year … colored pearls are popular…”should not have much influence on you. The most important thing to you is that if this color matches well with your skin color.
According to the experts’ experiences, most of the black and yellow skinned people belong to “winter color”. And colors of clothes that are most suitable for them are the cool and refreshing colors that are clear and of high density, such as pink, white, blue and red, all of which can make your face glow with health and happiness. The opposite warm color such as apricot, orange, beige and yellow will make “winter” colored people look pale (warm color are most suitable for the white people with blond hair and peach or copper colored skin).
There is an easy test that can help you to choose the pearl’s color: Try on clothes which are white, light pink or apricot and observe which color makes you look more beautiful. Don’t forget to ask your friends or relatives to give advice. If you want others to pay special attention to your pearls, you can choose those whose colors are contradictory to your skin color.
To those who have been used to wear pearls on clothes, they should also pay attention that pearls’ color should go with the coats’ color. If the colors of clothes are coffee or apricot, then they will be softer and more beautiful when matched with white pearls. Black pearls are most beautiful when matched with white shirts. The strong contradiction makes them look more attractive. However, though there is the contradiction when white pearls are matched with black color, it tends to make the white color more light, as if faded. Pearls with bright colors when matched with black or white color will look brighter.
2. Harmonious match of ornaments with clothes and occasions
1) Pearl ornaments and style of clothing
To fully display the charms of pearls, pay attention its match with the style of clothes when wearing them. It is commonly recognized that those relatively rough and incompact ornaments can match with loose clothes, such as the leisure wear, jeans and so on; those pearl ornaments which are fine, delicate and relatively tight in structure, such as the tri-circle necklace with various colors, are good if matched with the tight clothes which can show the beautiful curves of the body, such as the evening dress, Chi-pao (Chinese-style dress) and so on, making pearl ornaments match harmoniously with the style of the clothes, and to achieve the effect that they are mutually reinforcing.
2) Pearl necklace and neckline
Long pearl necklace should be matched with the clothes whose neckline is relatively big. While the short one can be matched with the clothes whose neckline is relatively small. According to the theory of mutual complementation, V-neck clothes should be matched with a round pearl necklace, Chi-pao, which has no neckline, should be matched with a relatively long pearl. By this match, you will look more graceful and decent.
3) Pearl ornaments and occasions
The advantage that pearl ornament has over diamond lies in that she has the nobleness that diamonds have and will win success and attention in grand occasions such as wedding, dinner party and dance party, besides, compared with the diamonds, she is more suitable for many common occasions. She can match well with modern women’s formal suits and leisure suits which are worn during the holidays. When in the office, a set of simple but decent formal suit plus a matching pearl ornament can not only show your nobleness and elegance, but also leave an impression on the others that you are smart and able, and thus receives an ideal effect. Of course, at weekends, a set of free and relaxing leisure suits with one or two pieces of delicate yet simple pearl ornaments in is also a good match. That fresh beauty and refined elegance will give you a special air, which is not at all inferior to the picturesque nature.
3. Matches of the use, style and face shape
Firstly, make clear the use of the jewelry that you are going to make: for example, is it for your own use or is it a gift for others, is it jewelry or an ornament, etc. If it is for your own use, then choose those economical ones. If it is used as a gift, then choose those economical and at the same time with good appearance and packaging.
Secondly, consider about the design of the necklace: usually, short necklace is a good choice for you when it is in summer or fall, because in both seasons of summer and fall, necklines of clothes are big. As for the long-length pearl necklace, people usually wear them in winter and spring outside their sweaters: Clothes like Chi-pao, a Chinese-style dress, and the wedding dress can be matched with those more classic and delicate double-circle or tri-circle pearl necklace, so as to show your noble and graceful feminine disposition.
As to the face shape, those with long face shall choose the short and thick double-circle or tri-circle pearl necklace as well as the big round pearl stud earrings, because these can make the face look not that long. Those whose face is short are just the opposite. They shall wear the thin and long necklace or one with a pendant. Those with a round face can choose the long and thin ornaments with vertical lines, such as the chain like or pole like earrings and pearl necklace with a pendant, etc. These can make the face look longer. As for those people with a triangle face, inverted triangle face is also called oval face, they do not have many requirements to the jewelry. Any kind will be ok for them. But if the triangle is not inverted but with the narrow side on the top, wide side at the bottom, people with this face shape usually can choose relatively big earrings, with short hair cover the chin. They can also wear distinctive bobs on the side bums under loose hair so as to widen his or her forehead. As for the necklace, choose long one. They can lengthen the face and making the whole of your dressing up harmonious. And this effect cannot be gained even by makeup.
Since that you have made your decisions on what style, price or color you want, now, you should be careful to tell if it is real or not, in case you bought a fake one. The simplest and most effective way to tell the real from the fake is to choose two pearls and rub them. If you feel they are a little bit “rough”, then they are real. But if you feel they are very smooth, then they are fake. Besides, according to the feature that real pearl are heavier than the fake one, with density in between iron and copper, you can also identify the real pearl. However, in foreign countries, fake pearls whose density is almost the same as the real one have been produced, so, you must observe carefully. And finally, you should check the quality of the ornament carefully. Their qualities are determined by three factors: First, the quality of the pearl. The top-level pearls are those big, even, round shaped, smooth and white ones; second, the processing technique. The technological level is dependent on whether or not they will give people a sense of beauty. Taking necklace as an example, people usually observe the pearls 30 - 40 cm away from your eyes. Those whose shape, color and luster are in perfect harmony are good. Of course, remember to purchase from the reputable enterprises with a brand. You can not only avoid the extra worries, but also receive good after-sale services.
★ Four perfect ways to wear pearl necklace
A simple high-necked vest plus a piece of pearl necklace will make you look elegant all at once; wearing a cotton T-shirt with an element of leisure and a piece of pearl waist chain, isn’t this multi-level way of dressing very special? Join us to see how to have fun in wearing different string of pearls.
- Use them as necklace to be popular: Is it that you are going to attending a wedding party? Or today it happens to be a lot of formal occasions? Don’t feel irritated about your lacking of a dress in your wardrobe. Take out your plain western-style suit, pearl necklace and earrings. You will become a little lady in a second.
- Use them as waist chains to be fashionable: Besides of pearl necklace, pearl waist chains are a kind of newly emerged popular ornaments, which may be double string or single string. Both are stylish when wearing round the waist.
- Use them as hanger chains to display the Japanese style: Wearing the long enough hanger chains obliquely on your body is also very unique. So long as you do look not very formal, this way of wearing matches with the Punk or leisure style dressing.
- Use them as bearers to show your distinctive taste: Be creative just as those “bad” girls, and change the straps of the little handbag which is popular in this season into pearl chains, and your bag will at once become different. This is the unique DIY edition with only limited quantity!
★ How to look “in” when wearing pearls
What does the pearl remind you of, the boring black evening dress or Barbara Bush’s silver hair or her smile? That is too OUT! Tell you pieces of most practical rules on wearing pearls, and you will dig out the most fashionable spirit that exists behind pearls’ round and noble appearances.
1. Select pearls of different colors
If you want to be unusual, there is no way that is quicker than wearing colorful pearls. Do you still remember that black pearl pendant in front of Beckham’s chest? So charming! Just imagine what will you be like when wearing that?
Orange or purple pearl ornaments will make you look young and full of vigor. Small but delicate pearls are better. If you wear a fine and delicate purple pearl necklace inside the white stand-up color shirt which you wear very often, you will leave an impression on your customers that you are mature, steady, able and reliable without the aggressive impression that diamonds usually bring to people.
2. Match pearls with colorful gems
This is a popular style showed in the treasure exhibition “Vicenza Oro” which was held in Italy this year. Match the simple white pearls with colorful gems can reveal the rich layered colors and tactile sensations of the pearls. Remember don’t wear your pearl necklace, stud earrings, bracelets and brooch all at the same time, because that will only make you look like a moving show-window of a special store for pearls.
3. Show your unique style
As to those really long pieces of pearl necklace, you can circle them around your neck for many rounds, and then match it with a pair of jeans. Your unique style is displayed at once. Circle them around your wrists, waist, hand-bag or even in your hair is also a good choice- in fact, you can wear pearls in any place that you can think of.